Kransky Sausage Pasta with Tomato & Chili Pesto
Smoked Kranskys give a lovely rich flavour to this pasta dish with home made pesto, from pork.com.au
- 3 Plain Kransky smoked sausages, sliced diagonally
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g semi dried tomatoes
- 1 red chili, seeds removed and sliced
- 20g grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 400g penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and fry the sliced Kransky sausages until browned on both sides.
- Place the oil, semi dried tomatoes, chilli, Parmesan and parsley into the work bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Toss the pasta, pesto and kransky together in a large bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot with salad and fresh crusty bread.