Smokey Barbecue Pork Scotch Steaks
Tender and flavoursome, these pork scotch steaks are perfect served with crispy roast potatoes and steamed greens.
- 2 Pork Scotch Fillet Steaks
- 1 tbsp smokey barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- In a shallow dish, mix the barbecue sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper together.
- Add the pork steaks and turn in the marinade until evenly. Cover the steaks (still in the dish) and allow to marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to high heat. Turn steaks in marinade to coat, then place on the skillet. Immediately reduce the heat to just under medium and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, being careful not to overcook.
- When the steaks are almost ready, spoon over any remaining marinade and sprinkle with a little sea salt, then turn steaks over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Rest for about 6 minutes before slicing, then serve with any sauce left from the pan.